4 Important Things You Need to Know Before You Dye Your Hair a Vibrant Color
Bright hair colors are not reserved for cartoon characters anymore. Popstars, actors, and social media celebrities are all giving the vibrant trend a try as they can result in an eye-catching and unique look.
It’s just that having a vibrant hair color isn’t a walk in the park. There’s so much to the process that you can’t just head out to HairMasters and expect to get the color you want an hour or two later. So if you’re interested in coloring your locks an unconventional shade, read this list first to learn the basics.
A bold hair color is a commitment.
Dyeing your hair a loud color is a commitment in many ways. How? Let us count the ways.
- The process can take a long time. This can range from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks, depending on your tresses. The bleaching process can take a while, especially if you have dark hair.
- Going back isn’t easy. With everything that your hair will go through in order to achieve a loud color, going back to your natural hair color isn’t something you can do right away. Growing it out can take a while and you also can’t just dye it a darker shade immediately after turning your hair blue or red. Some dyes also tend to stick around for a bit, so you might not even be very successful in re-dyeing them.
- It can damage your hair. Hair coloring damages your tresses to a certain degree but if bleaching is involved, expect your locks to be more damaged than the usual.
- The process can be costly. If you want to get great results, you should turn to a reputable salon like Sally Hershberger. They can cost you but they can guarantee better results than what you can achieve at home. And if you get to avoid a disaster, you can even save more money in the long run.
- Bright colors get messy. They can continue to bleed long after the dyeing process is completed. Many have attested to experiencing getting colored streaks when their head sweats. Such incidents can ruin clothes, so you have to be on the lookout if you get your locks colored a bright hue..
So, again, you can’t just jump the gun and color your hair a bright color if you’re not ready for it. It wouldn’t be wise if you’ll get bored or change your mind about the color a few days later.
You should do your research first.
The fact that you’re here means you’re doing some basic research about the process and that’s good. However, more than just looking up what to expect from the process, you should make sure to look into a few other things as well. Read up on the following before you decide on anything:
Look for the right color for you.
Not because you’re going for an unconventional color does it mean that all of them will look great on you. Sure, the whole point is to stand out but you should also consider how well it will suit your skin tone.
Look for the right salon.
Not all salons have expert hair colorists so you can’t just waltz into Great Clips and expect to get your hair dyed red. Look up which salons in your area offer reliable coloring services and the rates they usually go for.
Search for a hairstylist you can trust.
The skill a hair colorist is important to gauge before you decide to book an appointment with them. This way, you can be sure that you’ll get the results you want. Nowadays, you can easily shop around for hairstylists as their profiles are usually made available by salons. They also usually post photos of their output on social media so you can easily learn what you can expect from their work.
Maintenance can be a challenge.
Having colored hair requires upkeep and if you go for a bright shade, the amount and kind of maintenance required increases because you’ll want to keep the color vibrant. To do this, you should make sure to know the right tricks to keep your hair color bright.
You might need to rethink some of your beauty and fashion choices.
A bright hair color is definitely a statement on its own, so if you like equally vibrant hues in your makeup and clothes, it might turn out to be a lot for some folks. So if you’re thinking of dyeing your hair, take these into consideration as well so you can get your desired results.